Respect is one of the basic values in human beings' dignity. Many successful relationships have been built based on uniform political or religious beliefs, but it still all boils down to respect. Respect is based on the notion that both partners are equal, that the power and control inside the relationship be equally shared. In a relationship, respect means listening to each other, valuing each other's opinions, and also understanding each other's emotions.
If you want to make yourself respectable to your girlfriend, here are some helpful tips:
1. First of all, it is very critical to have self-respect. Please treat yourself with respect. If she notices that you do not have any respect for yourself, she might consider not showing that to
you either, because she thinks it not vital to you after all.
2. What you take is what you give: if you want to be respectable, show respect to others. Everyone wants to be admired and appreciated. If you show your girlfriend that she is important to you, you will easily be in their good graces. Be attentive, give compliments, and make her feel comfortable with you when you're together. Simply admire the person whom you are beside with and listen carefully when she talks. I assure, she'll love spending time with you.
3. Relax. Women think men are mediocre because they think men have a dull personality. So, when you have a date with her: unwind and have fun, so she could feel great about you, because if she finds you are boring, you may get dumped. If you can make her feel good, she will respect for how a funny guy you are, because you'll be the person whom she can rely on, whom can make her grin even when she is very sad.
4. Do not lie. We all now that women don't like being lied to. If she caught you with a lie, she would definitely not have any respect for you any more. But, if she perceives that you are truthfully sincere to her at all times, she will be proud of you and have more and more respect for you.
5. Be confident and polite. Look into her eyes when she talks and make her feel that you are a person whom she can put her trust in. Show her that she can talk with you about any subjects or any problems that she has concerned about and can count on you for help at any time. Do not forget to be courteous, this will bring a reciprocal respect to you.
When you are in a relationship, you should be treated with respect, which means your girlfriend
should act like this:
- She lets you feel comfortable about being yourself
- She is able to admit when she is wrong
- She is willing to compromise
- She respects your opinions, feelings and friends
- She tries to resolve conflicts by talking honesty
- She accepts when you’re saying "No" at things that you don't agree with
So, take a careful observation at your relationship and look out if your girlfriend is making all of these things to you or not, and if not - you should try these tips to make her respect you.